Oct 8, 2017

AAAAHHHH....PHOOEY.

If I didn't know better, I'd say I have the flu.

But I know better.

Such fun was had on Friday night.  We went for dinner at a lovely Italian restaurant and then to the hockey game.  I knew I liked Italian food, but I didn't realize how much I love watching hockey!  (I don't know a darn thing about the nuances of the game...much like every other sport...but I truly enjoyed watching all of the action).

Yesterday was a mess.  I never really made it out of bed and just felt lousy all day long.  I managed a few loads of laundry and a hot bath, but not much else.  Even stitching seemed like too much for my befuddled little brain to bear.

Today is much the same.  Rich has gone to Mass without me, I'm afraid, but I am completely determined to get a needle and thread in my hand...stat!  Whatever this is will just have to be patient for a while.  I have stitching to do today and nothing is going to get in the way of that.

For all of my doc and nurse friends...I have called my nephrologist and will see her tomorrow morning.  In the meantime, I know to watch for signs of uremia and get to an ER if things progress.  I'm being careful and compliant...I promise you.

So that's the Sunday morning report, Dearies.  Thank you for your lovely comments about my mom.  She really was something special, and I feel happy just to be able to share a little bit of her with you.

Now...onward!  The sun is shining, the football is footballing, and the Spinster is soon to be stitching!

9 comments:

  1. Coni, enjoy your stitching and rest up today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job of hanging in!! I look forward to seeing stitches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "a few loads of laundry, hot bath and not much else" ????
    the way you were feeling? My dear, enuff is enuff...Grab
    that needle and take it even and slow. Hope the nephrologist can give you relief... In the meantime, enjoy
    your Sabbath rest and viewing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a restful, quiet, stitchy day, and feel better soon! I will be doing the same....DH is at the Giants game....I opted to stay home due to the funky weather and the fact that our poor, hapless team hasn’t won a game yet. I am happy to stay in the dry house and root them on to their first win from here! Is your NJ guy a Giants fan, too? Condolences if he is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Penny! Nope...he's an Eagles fan. He seems to follow all of the Philly teams since he's from South Jersey.

      Delete
    2. Good for him! Giants went down again on Sunday...... our poor team lost some key players, too. Guess we might be done for the season.

      Delete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving from Canada Coni. Have a nice stitchy, relaxy, teeveey day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless you Coni. I send prayers that you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling better and were able to get a few stitches in!

    ReplyDelete