Jul 13, 2017

ONE MONTH

Hard to believe I've been here a month already.  I don't know if I am happy or sad, content or fretting, energized or tired about that fact...but I'm here.

This has been the most quiet and restful week I've had in as long as I can remember.  Sleeping, eating, stitching, blogging, and reading to my heart's content.  I confess to feeling a bit jumpy initially, but today I seem to be OK with the absolute nothingness of it all.

It seems that making a promise publically really worked.  Maybe now I should make other promises to get me ship shape!

More progress on Star Spangled Banner:
This next row is very fiddly and requires a fair bit of attention.  It it a cool pulled/looped stitch surrounding a double cross.  I'm working it piece by piece and got the bottom row completed before calling it a night.  I think I might just keep going with this, since the different stitches are keeping me interested and the silk is just lovely to work with.

Tomorrow is fistulagram/angioplasty day.  Basically, the procedure is that they are going to inject my left arm with dye and take a look at Buzzy (the AV fistula that will serve as an access point for dialysis). They do this to make sure that everything is nice and open, and if there are any areas of narrowing they will insert a balloon (angioplasty) to widen the pipe.

All will be done under sedation, so I won't have to worry about a thing...I just need to remember to get up early and get my coffee and a light breakfast in me five hours before the driver arrives to pick me up.

That's the Thursday report, Dearies.  I'm going to unpack the Target boxes that arrived this morning and hit the Happy Chair to catch up on the Housewives.  Wonder what they've all been up to this week?

24 comments:

  1. I love silk threads! I wish I could afford to work with them all the time. They ARE lovely to work with. I really like the look of your piece. I'm not surprised that it's keeping you interested. It's going to look really nice when it's done. Love your deliveries. Sending lots of love, hugs & prayers, Cathryn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Coni! Happy The Targets boxes arrived safely! Wishing you the best tomorrow with your procedure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is beautiful!! I love the close up pictures. Did the Target delivery go smoothly? My nearest Target is an hour away. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a whole month? Jeez, time is flying by. Your flag looks great, Coni. Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had NO idea Target delivered! Checking into that myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a whole month? How time flies! I think it's great that you aren't too sure how you feel yet...for me, that's better than when I think, "Oh, this is going to be the greatest!" That statement always comes back to bite me in the butt...slow and steady wins the race, Darling!
    I saw your recent photos and think your new home is beautiful. It's got "you" written all over it already!
    Your stitching continues to be amazing...I think we all know how you feel about that!
    Good luck with your procedure tomorrow...will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes and good thoughts being sent your way about tomorrow's procedure on Buzzy. I love what I am seeing in your stitched stripes, Coni.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on one month of a new start 🌷Sending hugs & blessings for a positive outcome for tomorrow's procedure will be with you in spirit 💞

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your needlework! Sending lots of love, hugs, prayers + good thoughts for tomorrow. Angels will be watching over you, no worries.Luv
    MaryO1230 😇😇😇😍😚

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are resting up! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your stitching and so glad you have relaxed some this week. Hugs, we are all pulling for you.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you have been indulging in quiet and restful...
    doesn't it feel great? Your flag is masterful... Covering
    you in prayer for tomorrow's procedure.. all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck tomorrow with Buzzy getting his picture taken. You got this sister and we've got you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you've had a restful week. Not only is it good for you physically, but it will help you start to feel cozy about cs2. Star SB looks like fun and is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Forgot to say, prayers for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hoping all goes well and easily tomorrow...prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thinking of you this morning. All will be well! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful stitching, Coni. I use your site as a reference point for stitches. I stitch painted canvases, and when I need inspiration, I page through your work until I find *just the right thing.* You've never let me down yet :) Best wishes for tomorrow. Indiana Robin

    ReplyDelete
  19. We will be anxious to hear all went well today. You are doing the right thing to take it easy after the hectic days of moving. I wish I could follow your example. I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous stitching!!! Hope yesterday went well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope the procedure goes well today!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always enjoy seeing your stitching and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope things seriously get better for you. I do have one question....why did you move from your house? You seemed so much happier there. Maybe it was too much to take care of?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sending good thoughts and wishes your way and here is hoping and praying that Buzzy is functioning the way he needs to be.

    ผลบอลพรีเมียร์ลีก

    ReplyDelete